Yea, that’s it! You really don’t need to go dig into more details than that.
Accessibility affects everyone in a positive way. And the older you get, the more you’ll depend on accessibility. So start building accessible products right away – and let us help you if you need a hand!
But if you really, really want to know how many people live permanently with a disability, it’s around 15 % of the world population (who.int).
Text transcript of the infographic
100 % of the world population spend part of their life with a disability.
Here are some examples of why:
- Bright sunlight on your phone screen leads to vision impairment.
- Big thumb on small mobile device on shaking train leads to motor impairments.
- Loud environment leads to impaired hearing.
- Alcohol leads to lowered cognitive abilities.
- Tired or stressed results in lack of focus.
- Ageing leads to all of the above.
Accessibility matters to everyone.
Design for all. Always.
Get notified when we write new stuff
About once a month we write an article about accessibility or usability, that’s just as awesome as this one (#HumbleBrag)!
Get notified by following us on Twitter @AxessLab or Facebook.
Or simply drop your email below!