1. Contrast Checker (Monsido)
Perfect if you just want a quick and easy contrast measurement without having to download anything.
- Measure contrast quickly in this web app
- Very intuitive to use
- Multiple ways to input colors
Screenshot of Contrast Checker (Monsido)
2. Tanaguru Contrast Finder
Perfect if you want to find a new accessible color combination if your combination fails.
- Web app that measures contrasts
- Suggests alternative colors if your combination fails
- Open source if you want to contribute
Screenshot of Tanaguru Contrast Finder
3. Colour Contrast Analyser – by The Paciello Group
Perfect if you’re measuring contrasts a lot.
- Desktop application for Mac and PC
- Analyze any colors appearing anywhere on your screen with the “Colour Picker”
- Shows how contrast varies with different types of color blindness
Screenshot of Colour Contrast Analyser
4. Color Tool at material.io – by Google
Perfect if you want to create a complete color palette.
- Web app created and curated by Google
- Create an accessible color palette from scratch
- Choose a text color and the tool shows the minimum opacity needed to fulfill contrast requirement
Screenshot of material.io’s Color Tool
5. Contraste for Mac
Perfect, simple tool if you’re a Mac fan!
- Simple and lightweight
- The most aesthetic tool in this line-up, if you ask me
- Multiple ways to pick colors, including a handy pipette tool
Screenshot of Contraste for Mac
6. Color Contrast – iOS app by UserLight
Perfect if you prefer working on iOS devices.
- App for iOS devices
- Test colors of apps, websites or screenshots
- Available in iOS Control Center (swipe up from bottom of screen) for quick live testing
Screenshot of Color Contrast iOS app
7. Android Accessibility Scanner – Android app by Google
Great if you work with Android apps.
- Scan apps with your Android device
- Points out other accessibility issues as well as contrasts
- Created and curated by Google.
Screenshot of Android Accessibility Scanner
A powerful online-tool that let’s you create color systems for interfaces and data visualisation.